The AIETI 8 Conference will take place at the Colegio S. José de Caracciolos (Facultad de Filología) and Colegio de San Ildefonso (Rectorado) in the historical campus of the Universidad de Alcalá.

plano
planta_carracciolos

Colegio San José de Caracciolos
Facultad de Filología
C/ Trinidad, 3 y 5. 28801 Alcalá de Henares

Colegio de San Ildefonso (Rectorado)
Plaza San Diego, s/n. 28801 Alcalá de Henares
 

Conference sessions will take place in Colegio San José de Caracciolos. Founded in 1602, the current buildings date from the period 1662-1725. On the University’s transfer to Madrid in the nineteenth-century, the college was used variously as military prison, fodder store and bakery. Since 1987, the buildings have been extensively renovated, not least the chapel, which is now used as an exhibition space and drama workshop. Look out for the imperial staircase beneath its oval cupola.

The main historical building in the campus is the Colegio de San Ildefonso Rectorado building, where the head office of the University can be found. Built between 1501 and 1513, the Colegio Mayor de San Ildefonso’s most familiar face is its magnificent plateresque façade. The main entrance leads first to the sober elegance of Schools Quadrangle and the Chapel, final resting place of Cardinal Cisneros; then to the restful greenery of Philosophers Quadrangle; and lastly, to the quadrangle of the Trilingual College, whose unassuming exterior conceals the splendid coffered ceiling and tiled floor of the Paraninfo, or Assembly Hall.

patio_2